Monday, January 19, 2015

A little bit of bio

Hello. My name is Sarah Folks and although I am a veritable onion of human, let me just give you the highlights (and a few choice low lights) of me. I love God. He's the one who is in every part of my life and I wouldn't have it any other way. I might be slightly addicted to coffee (the blacker, the bolder, the better), but I choose not to believe it based on my similar affection for tea. Give me one of those, a blanket, a book and some rain on the roof and I'm a happy lady.

I play golf for Dixie and started playing when I was 8. It's a love affair but not a lifestyle for me. Life is much too short to pigeonhole yourself like that. But golf is wonderful because not only do I get to be outside, talk to people and get horrid tan lines, but it also lets me travel from time to time. If I could go anywhere in the world, I would.

I have a family, all of whom are pretty neat, and although we drive each other nuts sometimes, I love them. I'm part Irish from my Dad's side and part German from my Mom's which sometimes equals (cue low light) quite the temper. Growing up I wanted to be a florist, and although I still adore flowers, I'd rather work in event planning for non-profit organizations now.

I love people. Any people. And I love talking with them, hearing their stories. Whether they're young, old, cranky, hyper, wounded, searching, driven, or lost, it doesn't matter. What greater way to learn and grow could there be than to invest time in people.

All in all I love life and am excited to see what the future holds.


1 comment:

  1. Sarah,

    Good to see you again! Nice bio. I love your style of writing.

    ReplyDelete